*All applications must be completed during the abstract submission process – 1 September to 17 November, 2019!
Between student loans and tight budgets, most students and recent graduates might think it impossible to attend a professional conference. But there’s help! Students and recent graduates interested in attending the YES meeting can apply for a Travel Award, which provides financial support to present their research at YES 2020.
This time, the award grants up to US $200 for North America presenters and US $600 for presenters in all the other geographic units plus free registration. Additional monetary funds must be provided by the student/recent graduate, the student’s institution, advisor or other source. Students and recent graduates that receive a travel award but cannot attend the meeting due to additional financial restrictions will not receive the funds, and these will go to another applicant.
Requirements and Limitations
The applicant must be a current active SETAC student member. Applicants for Travel Awards must submit an abstract and intend to present a platform or poster presentation at the YES 2020 meeting. Award recipients will be required to help during YES activities. A list of duties will be available immediately after the travel award recipients are announced.
Students and recent graduates can apply for a Travel Award during the abstract submission process from 1 September – 17 November 2019. Failure to meet the deadline or follow instructions invalidates the application.
The application must include:
- Proof of an active (paid) student membership with SETAC (member ID)
- Completed application form
- CV or resume (single page maximum)
- A statement of research goals and accomplishments by the applicant (250 word maximum)
- A supporting statement on university letterhead written by the applicant’s research advisor (single page maximum) must be emailed directly from the PI to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 17th, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
Evaluation Criteria and Procedures
Members of the YES 2020 Organizing Committee and NASAC representatives will evaluate and rank all applications. The number of awards will be limited, and they are to be distributed as follows:
- North America – 10 Awards, US $200 each
- Europe – 3 Awards, US $600 each
- Asia-Pacific – 3 Awards, US $600 each
- Latin America – 3 Awards, US $600 each
- Africa – 3 Awards, US $600 each
All applicants will be ranked on the basis of the following criteria:
- Completeness and timeliness of the application package
- Quality of the abstract
- Organization and presentation of applicant’s statement of goals and accomplishments
- Availability to volunteer at the YES meeting
If the number of meritorious applicants exceeds the available funds, selections will be made to ensure a diversity of winners, including fields of study, geography and gender.
NOTE: All monetary stipends will be paid at the annual meeting